Monday, October 25, 2010

I Can Color, She Can Draw

My current project, which is more than a job (I am hoping it's a piece of art) is the program for Angie's upcoming wedding this weekend. Programs are always one of the last things you have to order or print yourself. By the time you have to help a bride with announcements they are into the yes/no mode, they no longer wish to look at swatches or color charts. As a bride you have spent the last year and actually more so the past few months making the tiniest decision for everything, Save The Dates,Wedding Invitations,Cake,Flowers,Dress,(and which outfit to wear to all of the showers you have had)What kind? What Color? Who's budget? Those are the easy ones! I have helped many brides with those last few decisions picking font, color, and texture for their wedding programs. They are as important in a program as any of your other invitations. Programs are used for such a small amount of time but contain a slue of information. That's where the struggle begins in designing something that is artistically pleasing & holds all the relevant information. It can so easily become a sheet of paper with black fonts in a numeric list. BORING! With a wedding like Angie's every single item has her touch, everything as a whole and separately reflects them as a couple. So my huge job has been to provide a program without asking her add another thing to her To-Do list. I feel confident that I can, she is my Soul-Mate & Latin Sister from another Mother.We have always shared a similar taste in design, I hope to produce a reflection of them as well,  and not a list of events. Shown below are little pieces of inspiration.


I searched high and low and never found exactly what I was looking for so I commissioned my very talented mother to draw my vision. As with all artists, this is Mom's vision of my vision. Of course, I have added my own touch! The end result will be a surprise, and to this moment still only lives in my minds eye.

No comments: