Thursday, November 4, 2010

A busy week for Paper!



New Design
Last week was grueling, almost as busy the days prior to opening my shop on Etsy. As I mention in my last blog it was Angie's wedding week. There were tons of events I was unable to attend, logistics were an issue since she is in Austin. Despite the distance I felt that nervous energy all the way in Baton Rouge. Angie a perfectionist, (just as I) had so much going on and no sleep to recharge her batteries. This is typical of most weddings. It's just a given no matter how prepared you are something will make you sweat during that last week! 
To burn some of my nervous energy, I made Treasuries, edited pictures for both Mom and my shop. I feel very good about Mom's new pictures. I have come to understand why you see so many white backgrounds in Etsy shops, everything looks so much better! The full attention is on your product, which is of course what you want. I am still playing around with capturing the most unique and intriguing angles. I know great pictures are a basic foundation for making your shop or online business successful.





 Another sleepless night brought on the cute note card set I created. Mom loves to turn everything into a "Line" for our future with Target! (Imaginary may be a better term than future.) So my new "line" is called "If you can't beat 'em" The note cards feature some of my favorite birds such as a peacock and owl. The note cards are blank inside but on the outside have a greeting in Spanish. If you have looked at my shop, Pieces Of April, on Etsy you will notice I use a lot of Spanglish. I have read and heard the advice "blog the way you speak", so I thought, why not do that in my product names and use it in the actual creative facets of my business. The first set is basic Spanish and I hope it's easy to learn, join us in rolling those R's people! I will be adding other pajaros,that's birds, over time with other greetings in the near future. I love the paper world, that is where I feel I am most creative, so this week when my first note card set, Mary's Garden, was chosen for a Treasury on Etsy, it was well another milestone of success for me. Below are pictures of all of my recent paper creations. 

Birds The Word Note Card Set

http://www.etsy.com/listing/60071899/bird-is-the-word-note-cards-set-of-6



I have many things to share about the wedding, but I will leave that for my next blog....Since I still need pictures!
 
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59680259/new-design-coral-rose-chico-ring

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job